The Volunteer Center at United Way of Central Carolinas focuses on providing group and individual volunteer opportunities in our 5-county region. Just tell us whether you are with a group or on your own, and your availability and interests, and we’ll find the perfect opportunity for you.
There is no better way to feel the impact of your United Way donation than to volunteer right where needs are being served daily. Not only does this provide an invaluable perspective from the front lines, but it is rewarding to see the instant outcome of your service.
Click here to view the Volunteer Center Information Card.
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
- Increase worker pride and worker retention
- Heighten brand awareness and customer perceptions
- Learn or develop skills
- Gain work experience
- Meet new people
- Build interpersonal skills
- And most of all, give back to your community
- Year-round, including holidays
- Ongoing or done-in-a-day opportunities
- Group sizes from 5 - 500
- Open to corporate, civic, faith and other groups
Click here to view group volunteer opportunities. For on-site group volunteer opportunities, click here.
If you'd like to schedule a project, please contact Leslie Rink.
- Ongoing or one-time opportunities available
- Be an active citizen in the community
- Includes special events and walk-a-thons
- Serve on a nonprofit Board of Directors or the United Way Community Investment Council
- Provide pro-bono skills and expertise to an agency (i.e. - human resources, technology, finance, marketing, public relations, and others)
To view the volunteer opportunities for mentors/tutors/readers click here.
Click here to view individual volunteer opportunities or call 704-371-6255.
United Way Young Leaders is a group of young professionals age 40 and under in the Charlotte metro region devoted to meaningful, sustained community service and civic engagement.
The group’s mission is to inspire young professionals to improve communities through collaborative action by engaging in philanthropic, volunteer, and leadership activities throughout the community.
For more information on Young Leaders, please click here.